cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Jesse <purplecabb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Make cordova platform add ios work on Windows
Date Mon, 03 Feb 2014 17:50:05 GMT
Personally, I would not expect a multi-platform team to even checkin the
platforms folder.

Addressing Axel's use case: It would only require a few commands to be
ready to build an iOS Cordova project:
npm install -g cordova
cordova create ~/HelloCordova
cd ~/HelloCordova
cordova platform add ios

As an alternative, the phonegap-cli [1] allows actual building of iOS
targets from Windows, by using the phonegap-build service. Or you could
just use the PhoneGap build site directly. You would need to setup an
account either way,

My reason for creating the issue CB-5963 was NOT to enable the
functionality Baz referred to with CB-5706, but to provide an easy way to
test plugins in WP7/8 and Windows8.  I will/am changing the functionality a
bit in the nodejs scripts because it doesn't make sense to platform add ios
on windows because you won't be able to run the tests anyway.

My plan is that the node script for testing mobile spec will only platform
add whatever platform is specified in the arguments.
ie.
node createmobilespec.js --platform wp8
and possibly in the future, allow the testing of specific plugins, from
specific locations, using a specific cordova, and a specific platform
location.

This really is all I have to say on the CB-5706 subject, if you still want
to do it, then go ahead. However, if it is a significant change, and I
think I'll have to support the added code in wp8/windows8, then I will be
very strict in accepting pull requests as I work on these projects every
day. You may want to choose a less controversial issue to work on.

[1] https://github.com/phonegap/phonegap-cli
[2] https://build.phonegap.com/

@purplecabbage
risingj.com