cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Jesse <purplecabb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: XML Namespaces
Date Mon, 17 Feb 2014 19:17:15 GMT
FYI. Windows Phone SDK and Windows 8 'native' .net SDKs do NOT provide a
library to parse generic json objects, while reading XML is trivial.
I could easily add the 6MB JSON.net [1] library to support this, but I have
avoided every dependency I could in getting to this point, so I would
rather not. I would likely have to write ~400 LOC to use the
DataContractJsonSerializer to parse the file, which isn't a huge deal, but
should be considered. I always strive to write as little code as possible.

Please keep in mind the 'native' implications of making the move to .json
only, and not just the convenience of inspecting, authoring, and modifying
the config file.

[1] http://james.newtonking.com/json
[2]
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/system.runtime.serialization.json.datacontractjsonserializer(v=vs.110).aspx