cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Jesse <jes...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: Windows8/WP8 Proxy and Windows Runtime Components support
Date Fri, 07 Feb 2014 08:54:03 GMT
Yes, I am currently working on changes to plugman to support this.
Issues are : CB-5984 and CB-5970

I should have CB-5984 wrapped up tomorrow, or early next week, so you can
add/remove .dlls as plugins for both WP8 + Windows8.
This should handle the use case for most plugin developers.  I assume
during development they would just manually add a project reference to
their native code project, and when it comes time to ship their plugin,
checki-n the pre-built dlls.
There are potentially issues with 64bit/32bit/arm, but this is something we
can look at.

Adding project references ( CB-5970 ) is a little more involved because the
.sln file format ( text based ) is not as easily modified as
.jsproj/.csproj/... which are all well formed xml.

The WebSQL plugin is interesting, but I am not excited to see us perpetuate
a deprecated spec.  I would be more excited to see indexedDB use move
forward, however that is firmly in the iOS/Android ballpark. Just my
opinion ...

Re: proxy modification.  I don't expect it would be needed, based on
however the plugin developer defines their API.  Native calls ( inside the
plugin.js file ) could technically be routed through the proxy. but there
would be little benefit when they can just call the exposed native APIs
directly.  Ultimately I see this as a plugin developer decision, but we can
provide examples and guidance as well.