cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Axel Nennker <ignisvul...@gmail.com>
Subject get config.xml data from js
Date Fri, 28 Feb 2014 20:34:02 GMT
Hi,

I fear this is a stupid question but I could not find the answer in the
cordova docs or on the net or reading the source (Luke).

As an app developer and cordova user how do I get data from config.xml?

We want to add an "about" page to an cordova app and could not find a
simple javascript way to get to things like author, id, version, name or
description from config.xml.
Writing a plugin seems to be overkill. Using the file or file-transfer
plugins is heavy lifting too.

Shouldn't there be a way to write cordova.config.name to get the contents
of the name element in config.xml?

Someone added "metadata" to cordova_plugins.js.
Maybe we could add something similar to cordova.js too?

Does this make sense?

Thanks
Axel