cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Axel Nennker <ignisvul...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: get config.xml data from js
Date Fri, 28 Feb 2014 22:06:16 GMT
Looks better than it works.
This does not trigger the alert. Neither with two / or three / after
"file:"
while "config.xml" alone works after I have put config.xml in www

                                document.addEventListener( "deviceready",
function() {
function readConfig() {
    var xhr = new XMLHttpRequest();
    xhr.addEventListener("load", function () {
        var parser = new DOMParser();
        var doc = parser.parseFromString(xhr.responseText,
"application/xml");
        alert("Description : " +
doc.getElementsByTagName("description").item(0).textContent);
    });
    xhr.open("get", "file:///android_res/xml/config.xml", true);
    xhr.send();
}
readConfig();

Anyway this is not very cross platform.