cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Axel Nennker <ignisvul...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: cordova launcher icon support https://github.com/apache/cordova-cli/pull/126
Date Fri, 21 Feb 2014 15:22:45 GMT
True but...
CB-2606 is open for ages and people don't seem to be able to agree on a
format (see namespace discussion).
e.g. Phonegap has a solution but uses another prefix/namespace.
My latest suggestion in this threat is what I think is "a small step
forward". Not perfect, sure.
Different icons on different platforms are not supported but you do not
need gap:platform or cdv:platform or platform.
The history of my commits to
https://github.com/apache/cordova-cli/pull/126reflect what people
suggested. (or my attempts to guess what might be
acceptable for all)

Don just sent another email where he has a project and wants to use cordava
for some platforms and phonegap for others.
"BlackBerry 10 - config.xml iicon entries are not filtered for gap:platform"
This does not work. Cordova does not handle the Phonegap
extensions/prefix/namespace.
Either we implement the Phonegap icon extensions or we wait for 4.0 to get
rid of config.xml.
Or we implement the "small step forward" (with it's restrictions) and wait
for 4.0 to get rid of config.xml.

-Axel