cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Stepan Riha <nonp...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Introduction
Date Tue, 18 Feb 2014 22:19:47 GMT
I'm glad to hear WebSQL support might be coming to Cordova on Windows 8.  I
have my own WebSQL W8 implementation (C++ WinRT component called directly
from JavaScript, bypassing the cordova-exec dispatching so it can be used
without Cordova), but it's not yet in shipping shape.  Of course, I'd
rather use something official if the performance isn't much worse than what
I have.

We have lots of legacy code and are using complex strucutred data for which
IndexDB is woefully inadequate, Mozilla's localForage would be even more
so.  (I'm still bitter about Mozilla bailing on WebSQL and joining the
RDBS-vendors on the IndexDB wagon - showed a lack of understanding of how
mobile applications are used in the enterprise, but that's water under the
bridge... :-)

Thank for the references to the work being done.  Having those plugman
cases implemented would be great.

BTW, what's the relationship/difference between the
callback-dev@incubator.apache.org and the dev@cordova.apache.org mailing
lists?

- Stepan

--