cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Michal Mocny <>
Subject Re: Platform update and breaking plug-ins
Date Mon, 10 Feb 2014 22:58:13 GMT
I mostly agree with Braden, except would like to see a top-level CLI
command to do that automatically.  `cordova upgrade` could re-add installed
platforms and plugins in a temporary location, and swap it into your
project root only if it completes successfully, and also moving your old
version into a backup somewhere, in case your testing shows something is

This process absolutely relies on platforms and plugins as build artifacts,
and having all your platform customizations implemented as plugins or
prepare hooks (just like all the good devs like @devgeeks do it).

Trying to do it any other way is going to be an uphill battle, since our
current upgrade process is really quite brittle, and I'm not sure we can
make it work well any time soon.