cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Shazron <shaz...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Improved integration between Apache and GitHub
Date Tue, 25 Feb 2014 17:54:33 GMT
Something I noticed from a commit from Ian:
https://github.com/apache/cordova-plugin-file-transfer/pull/20

The github user "asfgit" automatically closed the PR from that commit -- I
believe github scans the commit message to associate it with an issue/PR
but not sure how it knows it was a merge. The relevant words in the message
are "closes #20".

Github has a way to refer to repos and issues, so this PR issue would be
"apache/cordova-plugin-file-transfer#20" so if we added to the commit
message "Closes apache/cordova-plugin-file-transfer#20" it should close the
corresponding PR/issue (I hope).