cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew Grieve <agri...@chromium.org>
Subject Re: Alignment with W3C specs
Date Thu, 20 Feb 2014 14:53:42 GMT
My 2c -

If the APIs differences are minor, then add deprecation warnings and new
methods in-place.

If the API differences are dramatic (e.g. FileTransfer -> XHR2) then create
a new plugin. Once the new plugin is ready, we can deprecate the old one as
a whole.

If the new API doesn't cover all of the features, then refactor the
existing API to be implemented on-top of the new standards-compliant one,
and use the exec() bridge where necessary to keep the extra features.