cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew Grieve <agri...@chromium.org>
Subject Re: 3.4.0 blog post review
Date Wed, 19 Feb 2014 02:42:36 GMT
Thanks for chugging along on this Steve!
I see on the release bug that updating the docs is still pending. I can do
that if you'd like.

Here's a more curated list for android release notes (also update
RELEASENOTES.md file):

Android:
43 commits from 10 authors. Highlights include:

* Removing addJavascriptInterface support from all Android versions lower
than 4.2 due to security vulnerability
* CB-5917 Add a loadUrlIntoView overload that doesn't recreate plugins.
* CB-5889 Make update script find project name instead of using "null" for
CordovaLib
* CB-5889 Add a message in the update script about needing to import
CordovaLib when using an IDE.
* CB-5793 Don't clean before build and change output directory to ant-build
to avoid conflicts with Eclipse.
* CB-5803 Fix cordova/emulate on windows.
* CB-5801 exec->spawn in build to make sure compile errors are shown.
* CB-5799 Update version of OkHTTP to 1.3
* CB-4910 Update CLI project template to point to config.xml at the root
now that it's not in www/ by default.
* CB-5504 Adding onDestroy to app plugin to deregister telephonyReceiver
* CB-5715 Add Eclipse .project file to create template. For CLI projects,
it adds refs for root www/ & config.xml and hides platform versions
* CB-5447 Removed android:debuggable=“true” from project template.
* CB-5714 Fix of android build when too big output stops build with error
due to buffer overflow.
* CB-5592 Set MIME type for openExternal when scheme is file:

On Tue, Feb 18, 2014 at 5:41 PM, Steven Gill <stevengill97@gmail.com> wrote:

> Please review the blog post below and provide any feedback. I will be
> inserting the link to the mozilla blog post shortly.
>
> I will be posting a vote thread in a few minutes for 3.4.0.
>
> ---
> layout: post
> author:
>     name: Steve Gill
>     url: https://twitter.com/stevesgill
> title:  "Apache Cordova 3.4.0"
> categories: announcements
> tags: news releases
> ---
>
> We are happy to announce that `Cordova 3.4` has been released!
>
> This release has various bug fixes for all of our supported platforms.
>
> Our friends at [Mozilla](http://www.mozilla.org/) have put together a blog
> post about getting started with cordova firefoxOS. Check it out at [mozilla
> hacks link here](LINK IT).
>
> To upgrade: (replace `android` with the platform you want to update):
>
>     npm install -g cordova
>     cd my_project
>     cordova platform update android
>
> For non-CLI projects or for pre-3.0 projects, refer to the [upgrade
> guides](
> http://cordova.apache.org/docs/en/3.4.0/guide_platforms_index.md.html).
>
> <!--more-->
>
> ## What's new in Android
>
> 37 commits from 10 authors.  Highlights include:
>
> * Security Fix for Android 4.2.1 and lower (disabling
> addJavascriptInterface as a bridge option)
> * CB-5793 Make ant work-around work on windows.
> * CB-5793 Don't clean before build and change output directory to ant-build
> to avoid conflicts with Eclipse.
> * CB-4910 Fix CLI's eclipse project template not working on windows due to
> "\*" in the virtual folder name.
> * CB-5803 Fix cordova/emulate on windows.
> * CB-5801 exec->spawn in build to make sure compile errors are shown.
> * CB-5799 Update version of OkHTTP to 1.3
> * Remove package.json within bin/ since we never intend to ship bin/ as an
> npm module
> * CB-4910 Update CLI project template to point to config.xml at the root
> now that it's not in www/ by default.
> * Silence excessive logging from scroll events
> * CB-5504: Adding onDestroy to app plugin to deregister telephonyReceiver
> * CB-5715 Add Eclipse .project file to create template.
> * CB-5447 Removed android:debuggable="true" from project template.
> * CB-5714 Fix of android build when too big output stops build with error
> due to buffer overflow.
> * Fix incorrect MIME type for .js files loaded through CordovaResourceAPI.
> * Remove 2 X console.log from exec.js
> * CB-5592 Set MIME type for openExternal when scheme is file:
>
> ## What's new in iOS
>
> * CB-5794 iOS build script: 1. don't clean 2. recognize --emulator vs
> --device
> * Don't show environment vars in build log for copy-www script

^ Delete ^

> * CB-4910 Update CLI project template to point to config.xml at the root
> now that it's not in www/ by default.
> * Move .gitignore in template to gitignore (and add the dot in the script).

^ Delete ^

> * Fix create script copying project template twice.
>  CB-5740 Use UIScrollViewDecelerationRateNormal by default.
> * CB-5420 Add device model to User-Agent cache key.
> * Copy config.xml within copy-www-build-step.sh instead of in Copy
> Resoruces step

Resoruces -> Resources

> * CB-5397 Add a --cli option to bin/create that has ../../www/
> ../../merges/ within the project
> * CB-5697 Fix location.reload() not firing deviceready.
> * CB-4330 Fix hash changes being treated as top-level navigations
> * CB-3359 Parse large JSON payloads on a background thread, and yield when
> executing multiple commands is taking too long.
> * CB-5134 Fix up bugs with new hash-based exec() bridge.

^ Delete ^

> * CB-5134 Add location.hash based exec() bridge.
> * CB-5658 Fix whitelist crash when URL path has a space.
> * CB-5583 WebView doesn't properly initialize when instantiated from a xib
> * CB-5046: Adding a defaults.xml template

^ Delete colon ^

> * CB-5290 templates: Updated launch images sizes to include the status bar
> region
> * CB-5276 Add ability to load start page from a place other then the bundle
> folder
> * CB-5298 Have bin/create run bin/check_reqs.
> * CB-5328 - .gitignore from cordova-ios excludes `platforms/cordova/build`
> file

^ Delete leading dash ^