cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew Grieve <agri...@chromium.org>
Subject Re: [Android] [CB-6033] Android 4.4 and SQLite deletion
Date Fri, 21 Feb 2014 01:16:27 GMT
On Thu, Feb 20, 2014 at 6:15 PM, Joe Bowser <bowserj@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hey
>
> I'm working on a work-around for SQLite deletion, and I've run into a
> couple issues with the code:
>
> 1. Why are we deprecating FileHelper?  It would be helpful if we had a
> quick and dirty copy method in here that we can use when we need to do
> things like copy SQLite Databases to other areas of internal storage
> or to the SD Card.

I added the deprecation. Reason is that as of now, all of the methods
within FileHelper have better versions in CordovaResourceApi.

CRA does have a "copyResource" method already, so I'd be tempted to say
that you should see if that will work for your use-case. Maybe add another
overload to it that takes both in and out as a Uri (and uses
openOutputStream(uri) for out)?

> 2. Does anyone know why Chromium WebView deletes the SQLite db? Will
> using this SQLite database cause localStorage to not work?

I'll see if I can dig anything up on this.