cordova-dev mailing list archives

From "Sergey Grebnov (Akvelon)" <v-seg...@microsoft.com>
Subject RE: Windows8/WP8 Proxy and Windows Runtime Components support
Date Fri, 07 Feb 2014 10:44:00 GMT
Great, I'll test this as soon as you pushed the changes, looking forward..

-Sergey
-----Original Message-----
From: purplecabbage@gmail.com [mailto:purplecabbage@gmail.com] On Behalf Of Jesse
Sent: Friday, February 7, 2014 12:54 PM
To: dev@cordova.apache.org
Subject: Re: Windows8/WP8 Proxy and Windows Runtime Components support

Yes, I am currently working on changes to plugman to support this.
Issues are : CB-5984 and CB-5970

I should have CB-5984 wrapped up tomorrow, or early next week, so you can add/remove .dlls
as plugins for both WP8 + Windows8.
This should handle the use case for most plugin developers.  I assume during development they
would just manually add a project reference to their native code project, and when it comes
time to ship their plugin, checki-n the pre-built dlls.
There are potentially issues with 64bit/32bit/arm, but this is something we can look at.

Adding project references ( CB-5970 ) is a little more involved because the .sln file format
( text based ) is not as easily modified as .jsproj/.csproj/... which are all well formed
xml.

The WebSQL plugin is interesting, but I am not excited to see us perpetuate a deprecated spec.
 I would be more excited to see indexedDB use move forward, however that is firmly in the
iOS/Android ballpark. Just my opinion ...

Re: proxy modification.  I don't expect it would be needed, based on however the plugin developer
defines their API.  Native calls ( inside the plugin.js file ) could technically be routed
through the proxy. but there would be little benefit when they can just call the exposed native
APIs directly.  Ultimately I see this as a plugin developer decision, but we can provide examples
and guidance as well.