cordova-dev mailing list archives

From "Parashuram Narasimhan (MS OPEN TECH)" <panar...@microsoft.com>
Subject RE: Introduction
Date Tue, 18 Feb 2014 21:56:03 GMT
+1 to the IndexedDB on top of WebSQL.

Sergey is almost done with the WebSQL that runs on top of SQLite, we should have it out in
a couple of days.

-----Original Message-----
From: Jesse [mailto:purplecabbage@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, February 18, 2014 1:41 PM
To: dev@cordova.apache.org
Subject: Re: Introduction

Happy to have the help. Welcome Stepan!

re: WebSQL

There are a number of people interested in adding the WebSQL plugin to Windows8, so be vocal
about what you do.  Both Sergey Grebnov, and Carlos Santana have discussed it previously [1].

You may also want to look at Mozzila's localForage [2], which has it's own localStorage-like
API on top of either WebSQL or IndexedDB, hiding the differences from developers.

Personally, I think our time would be better served adding an indexedDB polyfil to iOS, that
would be backed by WebSQL, so we can stop recommending people use the now long deprecated
spec [3] But that's just me ...

[1] http://markmail.org/thread/zewufpqm25pqpuuv
[2] https://github.com/mozilla/localForage
[3] http://www.w3.org/TR/webdatabase/