cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Jonathan Bond-Caron <jbo...@gdesolutions.com>
Subject RE: cli & plugman - optimist, nopt - refactoring
Date Wed, 29 Jan 2014 17:46:44 GMT
On Wed Jan 29 10:19 AM, Braden Shepherdson wrote:
> I use CoffeeScript all the time in my own hackery. In Cordova, though,
> big
> -1 to alternative languages. Let's keep it straight Javascript.

Also -1 on CoffeeScript / alternative syntax.

TypeScript though is the new version of JavaScript, EcmaScript 6 / no new language syntax
to learn.
Well more accurately it's EcmaScript 6 + "type hints", but very similar to the new spec.

The design I had in mind is something like:

cli.js
var cordova = require("cordova-library");
var command = new cordova.Cli(argv);

plugman.js
var cordova = require("cordova-library");
var command = new cordova.Plugman(argv);

Both cli & plugman npm packages would depend on the library.