cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Lisa Seacat DeLuca <ldel...@us.ibm.com>
Subject Re: Camera does too many things!!!!
Date Fri, 24 Jan 2014 18:59:49 GMT
I'm on the DAP w3c group: http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/

Here is the working draft for the MediaStream Image Capture (taking still
images from a camera stream) -
http://www.w3.org/TR/2013/WD-image-capture-20130709/

Lisa

Lisa Seacat DeLuca
Twitter: @LisaSeacat
website: lisaseacat.com
ldeluca@apache.org ldeluca@us.ibm.com

From:   Marcel Kinard <cmarcelk@gmail.com>
To:     dev@cordova.apache.org
Date:   01/24/2014 01:42 PM
Subject:        Re: Camera does too many things!!!!

What's going on in the standards bodies around image capture? Is there an
emerging standard that we could scope down to, or is nothing emerging and
we get to make it up in the meantime?

I do like the simplicity of the camera plugin (roughly) just doing
capture, and pushing the utilities into a separate plugin (perhaps even
non-core). I hear that picture capture and uploading is a common pattern,
so we should consider the migration impact to existing users.

On Jan 24, 2014, at 8:47 AM, Mike Billau <mike.billau@gmail.com> wrote:

> How does this coincide with the recent thread about Camera vs Capture?

Yeah, seems like these are part of the same big picture that should be
thought through simultaneously.