cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Lisa Seacat DeLuca <ldel...@us.ibm.com>
Subject Fw: Help us make ApacheCon a huge success
Date Fri, 24 Jan 2014 18:45:06 GMT
Anyone planning on going to ApacheCon and/or submitting a talk related to
Cordova?

Lisa Seacat DeLuca
Emerging Mobile Software Engineer - IBM Master Inventor
SWG Emerging Internet Standards

Phone: 1-410-332-2128 | Mobile: 1-415-787-4589
E-mail: ldeluca@us.ibm.com
personal website: lisaseacat.com
Chat: ldeluca@us.ibm.com
Find me on:   and within IBM on:

100 East Pratt St 21-2212
Baltimore, MD 21202-1009
United States

----- Forwarded by Lisa Seacat DeLuca/San Francisco/IBM on 01/24/2014
01:45 PM -----

From:   Rich Bowen <rbowen@rcbowen.com>
To:     committers@apache.org
Date:   01/17/2014 02:06 PM
Subject:        Help us make ApacheCon a huge success

Fellow ASF committers,

ApacheCon this year is going to be different from what we've done in the
past, and we need your help in making that happen. By partnering with
the Linux Foundation, we're doing something new in the hopes of giving
Apache the exposure we deserve, as the most important organization in
the Free/Open Source software ecosystem.

Whereas in the past we've had three or four tracks of content, we have
room for 9 this year. That means that we have enough space for a half
day, or a full day, or even more, focused on *your* project. Before, we
may have had one or two talks about that project that you've devoted
years of your life to - this year, you can cover it from soup to nuts,
and bring in an audience eager to hear about it.

We need your talk submissions. We want the beginner, intermediate, and
advanced content from those projects that have been under-represented in
the past. We also want to hear from the larger community of users,
vendors, and folks building apps on top of your platforms. We rely on
you to reach out to your developer and user lists to solicit this content.

We need you to tell your developer and user lists that they should be
there - that this will be the year that they can get more than just an
intro, but they can get the deep dive.

The CFP deadline is February 1, which is only two weeks away. Please
help us make this event a huge success.

--
Rich Bowen
rbowen@rcbowen.com