cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Martin Georgiev <mgeorg...@utexas.edu>
Subject Re: [Android] SecureToken/NoFrak feature addition
Date Fri, 31 Jan 2014 18:18:48 GMT
On Fri, Jan 31, 2014 at 12:01 PM, Marcel Kinard <cmarcelk@gmail.com> wrote:
>> * Remove support for addJavascriptInterface for any platform that uses
>> NoFrak below Jellybean and force them to use prompt
>
> In principle, this sounds reasonable, along with Ian's suggestion to maybe be a bit more
aggressive in the removal. The MWR article does scare me.

You do not need to remove support for addJavascriptInterface. After
all, it is the intended way to build bridges on Android. All you need
to do here is handle it appropriately. That is, for Android > 17, use
addJavascriptInterface; For Android < 17, use JavaScript prompt. Real
simple. Just a couple of lines of code which run at app initialization
time to determine configuration. This behavior is totally transparent
to the app developer and the app user. That's it.