cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Bowser <bows...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: versionName & versionCode analogues on other platforms
Date Mon, 27 Jan 2014 20:43:29 GMT
Crap, sent too fast:

Android's version code needs to be an Integer:
http://developer.android.com/tools/publishing/versioning.html

So, the inconsistency is a platform inconsistency it seems.  I do
think the marketing versions should match, but versionCode can't
match.  Also, versionCode is what has to be incremented every time
there's a release so that an update happens on the Play Store.  I
think the complaint is that the CLI doesn't have a way to easily
update this, and it'd be NICE if this was consistent across all
platforms.