cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Bowser <>
Subject Re: Introducing myself
Date Tue, 28 Jan 2014 23:36:41 GMT
Hey, I pulled in a change to Cordova-Android, and looked at some
others. Response is inline:

On Tue, Jan 28, 2014 at 12:05 PM, Bas Bosman <> wrote:
> Thank you all for the warm welcome!
> I've browsed through the some of the JIRA issues, added a new one and even
> made some pull requests which I mentioned in the corresponding issues. The
> Wiki says I should call out someone to review my changes, but I'm not
> entirely sure on how to do that? Example: CB-5900

One thing that's not very straight forward is the way we do dev on
plugins.  Unlike on the platforms where dev is done on master, we have
to do dev on the dev branch.  I noticed that not all your patches
apply cleanly, and I'm getting errors on the file and file-transfer.
(BTW: These need tests!)

> I also noted that there are some issues which are tagged with the wrong
> Component, are already fixed by other commits, or are superseded by other
> issues. I didn't see any way to change/resolve that myself? I posted
> comments on some of them, but not all.

Flagging them is good.  I often sort by last updated and at least
update most recent bugs first, so even if you write a comment I'll see
them if they're tagged Android.  I'm sure other people do this as

> And to answer Jesse's question about my workflow:
> I'm a CLI user and develop Cordova based apps for Android and iOS. I do
> almost all of my development work on Windows and only switch to the Mac
> side to do the stuff that can only be done there. I use Git to manage my
> sources on both.

That seems extremely problematic.  I'm interested to hear why you do
this instead of just using MacOS?  What's keeping you on Windows?

> That also brings me to the thing that has given me the most issues with
> Cordova so far, the switching between platforms and the problems that it
> entails (symlinks and permissions come to mind). I've worked around most
> of them by an elaborate Grunt based build system, but smoothing this out
> within Cordova itself is something I'd like to look in to. Example:
> CB-5438
> Regards,
> Bas
>> On Mon, Jan 27, 2014 12:08 PM, Jesse <> wrote:
>> Welcome Bas!
>> A great start would be telling this list what you found difficult/easy
>> with
>> Cordova, and perhaps elaborate on the workflow you used to build your
>> apps.
>> Cheers,
>>  Jesse
>> @purplecabbage