cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Bowser <bows...@gmail.com>
Subject Camera API vs Capture API
Date Tue, 21 Jan 2014 23:30:29 GMT
Hey

So, right now on KitKat, the Camera API is super borked. You can't
save to album, since the Media Provider is giving paths that don't
exist, and also you can't actually pull from the album since they
changed the URI encoding and made it a lot more difficult to move from
a Java URI to a String and back.

That being said, the Capture API seems to still work perfectly fine.
I can take a picture, and I don't get an awful stack trace.  Which
leads me to this next two questions:

1. Why do we have multiple APIs that do roughly the same thing?
2. Can we extend Capture to grab from Gallery and save photos?

I don't think these will solve the problem per-se, but it'd be good to
talk about it again.  On another note, I started a fork for a re-write
of the Camera plugin for KitKat, since it really needs a good refactor
and a re-write since it's even less working than InAppBrowser. :(

Joe