cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Bowser <bows...@gmail.com>
Subject [Android] Deprecation of Geolocation on Android
Date Fri, 10 Jan 2014 22:17:28 GMT
Due to numerous issues found in Geolocation, combined with an increase
in reliability of the Web Geolocation, I'm wanting to see us EOL the
Geolocation plugin.

Reasons for this include:
 * Support for Geolocation on all currently supported versions of Android
 * Numerous issues with the current Geolocation plugin that may
involve a full re-write of the Geolocation plugins.
 * The Web Geolocation may be more energy efficient than our own
Geolocation polling.

What do people think about deprecating this plugin and recommending
that we use the browser's implementation on Android?

Joe