cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Braden Shepherdson <bra...@chromium.org>
Subject Re: cli & plugman - optimist, nopt - refactoring
Date Wed, 29 Jan 2014 15:19:50 GMT
I use CoffeeScript all the time in my own hackery. In Cordova, though, big
-1 to alternative languages. Let's keep it straight Javascript.

Otherwise these changes sound solid. You have to understand that these
tools, like any project that's been around longer than a few weeks, has had
several partial refactorings. Plugman's methods that now take an opts
object used to have an ever-growing list of optional parameters, until I
refactored them last summer. I cleaned up a bunch of the argument parsing
in CLI's subcommands while doing the big promises refactoring in September,
but didn't change them to options objects at the time, since it was a
distraction.

I'm all for continuing to refactor the internals of these tools to make
them gradually more pleasant to hack on. I'd love to see these changes
broken up a bit, but the main thing is they need to apply cleanly.

Braden