cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Don Coleman <don.cole...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Camera does too many things!!!!
Date Fri, 24 Jan 2014 19:36:00 GMT
I like the Camera API because it's simple. Capture might be standard but it
seems too complex.

Resizing and orientation are important features. I never use data URLs.
What's going on in the standards bodies around image capture? Is there an
emerging standard that we could scope down to, or is nothing emerging and
we get to make it up in the meantime?

I do like the simplicity of the camera plugin (roughly) just doing capture,
and pushing the utilities into a separate plugin (perhaps even non-core). I
hear that picture capture and uploading is a common pattern, so we should
consider the migration impact to existing users.

On Jan 24, 2014, at 8:47 AM, Mike Billau <mike.billau@gmail.com> wrote:

> How does this coincide with the recent thread about Camera vs Capture?

Yeah, seems like these are part of the same big picture that should be
thought through simultaneously.