cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Ian Clelland <iclell...@chromium.org>
Subject Re: Globalization getCurrencyPattern
Date Thu, 23 Jan 2014 16:32:46 GMT
Looking at the source, it appears that support for that is spotty -- on
Android, it is hard-coded to '0'.

On iOS, it corresponds to the 'roundingIncrement' returned from
CFNumberFormatterGetDecimalInfoForCurrencyCode. In Ubuntu, I *think* it
corresponds to the same value.

That value should be the smallest unit of a currency -- the number that all
amounts are rounded to. For USD, it would be "0.01"; for JPY, it would be
1.00.

It doesn't necessarily correspond to the number of decimal places; a
country which used dollars and cents but rounded all prices to the nearest
nickel would have 2 decimal places, but rounding would be 0.05.