cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Axel Nennker <ignisvul...@gmail.com>
Subject storage
Date Fri, 03 Jan 2014 13:30:35 GMT
Hi,

I was wondering about the cross-platform experience of Storage.
http://cordova.apache.org/docs/en/3.3.0/cordova_storage_storage.md.html#Storage

It seems that there is no cross platform solution in Cordova, right?

There are indexeddb shims that implement indexeddb on "all" platforms.
Shouldn't storage be indexeddb only? websql is deprecated.

My team is currently facing the problem that we implemented a project with
Cordova's websql on Android and IOS but it is not supported on FirefoxOS.
Now I wish we had started with indexeddb and used a shim on IOS. Argh.

I think the text on cross platform storage in cordova_storage_storage.md is
not really helping developers.

Advice?

Thanks
Axel