cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Michal Mocny <mmo...@chromium.org>
Subject Re: Configuring the File plugin
Date Thu, 23 Jan 2014 17:27:04 GMT
Those two sentences are not contradictory: new file plugin is broken on iOS
by default.. by throwing an exception on initialize.. unless this new
<preference> is set in the app's config.xml (which signals that the dev
researched the issue and addressed it accordingly).

The migration step to preserve existing behaviour is to set that preference
with the legacy location (value="documents", right?).  value="library" is a
better option for new applications, or existing applications that migrate
those old files to new location manually (imho probably not worth the
effort / risk, but the option is there).

The docs will be clear about what to do / which preference value to set,
and Ian is even looking into printing a message during plugin install time
through CLI to help guide users to making the right choice, even if they
ignored the blog posts and plugin docs etc.