cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Michal Mocny <mmo...@chromium.org>
Subject Re: Moving .cordova/config.json -> cordova.json
Date Mon, 06 Jan 2014 19:59:01 GMT
If we don't add a config.json by default, we need a new strategy for
looking up paths for the root.

I don't like naming the top-level config "config.xml", but after some
thoughts on it, I don't think we should rename it just right now.  There
are a lot of changes that would need to go along with that rename for it to
make any sense.  I also agree with Brian that what we really need is to
step back and consider an entirely better solution rather than something
incremental.  Perhaps this is good subject matter for the next hangout /
meet-up.

-Michal

On Fri, Jan 3, 2014 at 2:43 PM, Brian LeRoux <b@brian.io> wrote:

> probably a good idea for the moment / at some we will have a config file
> reckoning!
>

> On Fri, Jan 3, 2014 at 11:34 AM, Andrew Grieve <agrieve@chromium.org>
> wrote:
>
> > Okay, yeah, reading that back to myself and it seems like a bad idea
> > (config.xml->app.xml). Probably would just add to confusion.
> >
> > So, top-level config.xml and top-level cordova.json.
> >
> > Maybe I could add to this that we don't create a cordova.json by default,
> > since 99% most people shouldn't need it.
> >

> > On Fri, Jan 3, 2014 at 2:31 PM, Brian LeRoux <b@brian.io> wrote:
> >
> > > actually, let me put this another way: I support .cordova/config.json
> ->
> > > cordova.json but I am not really interested in changing the name of
> > > ./www/config.xml to ./www/app.xml
> > >
> > > ...feels to me we could consolidate this entire sitation with a single
> > well
> > > crafted configuration file (at the top level). ideally we have more
> > > convention than configuration. feels like we have too many footguns to
> > ease
> > > our personal dev workflows as is than consideration for people actually
> > > building apps.

> > level

> cordova.json

> right