cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Michal Mocny <mmo...@chromium.org>
Subject Re: [Android] Deprecation of Geolocation on Android
Date Sat, 11 Jan 2014 03:26:04 GMT
Adding support for play services based geolocation could come as a value
add later.  If the current implementation is broken and no one wants to
work on it (seems to be the case since it hasn't been fixed yet), then
Joe's suggestion to just drop it now and leave a no-op plugin that adds
permission only sounds like the right thing short term.

Joes first email claims Web Geolocation supports all current versions of
android (http://caniuse.com/geolocation claims android 2.1+ though I didn't
look in to possible quirks).

-Michal