cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Brian LeRoux...@brian.io>
Subject Re: storage
Date Mon, 06 Jan 2014 17:43:12 GMT
I'm trying to not sound like a broken record but I still do not hear an
actual use cases that is unique to IndexedDB. I understand that you like
it, I do too, and the browsers will support it eventually in Cordova so
effort spent there is not really a demonstrable win (to me) unless I hear a
use case for it not currently possible (if not more appropriate) for
reading and writing plain old text, JSON, or Blobs.

IndexedDB is a structured key/value store. Files have names (keys) and
values. IndexedDB provides a non blocking async read/write. So does our
File API. Transactional support is not built into our File API so that
might be something you'd want if reads/writes could conflict.