cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew Grieve <agri...@chromium.org>
Subject Re: Fw: Help us make ApacheCon a huge success
Date Fri, 31 Jan 2014 19:50:58 GMT
We've (Google team) been discussing whether we should attend over the past
few days, and I think it would actually be a good idea. Probably only one
or two of us will come, but it would be great to learn more about how the
greater Apache org works.

I was thinking I could give a short talk on "Why Cordova" (e.g. how to know
when it's a good fit for a project).

On Fri, Jan 31, 2014 at 2:31 PM, Ross Gerbasi <rgerbasi@gmail.com> wrote:

> [...]
> > >

> > > Lisa
> > >
> > > last day to back my kickstarter!!  www.arobotstory.com
> > >

> > > From:   Joe Bowser <bowserj@gmail.com>
> > > To:     dev <dev@cordova.apache.org>
> > > Date:   01/31/2014 01:27 PM
> > > Subject:        Re: Fw: Help us make ApacheCon a huge success
> > >

> > > I decided to delete my talk at ApacheCon.  Based on some recent
> events, I
> > > have a feeling this audience would be hostile to members of our
> project,
> > > and I would rather spend my time elsewhere.  Other people can make
> their
> > > own choice as whether they should speak at ApacheCon or not.
> > >
> > > I figure that I should give you guys a heads up!
> > >

> > > On Tue, Jan 28, 2014 at 4:05 PM, Ross Gerbasi <rgerbasi@gmail.com>
> > wrote:
> > > When i attempt to submit my proposal i get
> > >
> > > The referenced entity (node: 1305) is invalid.
> > >
> > > FYI 1305 is the value of the ApacheCon North America Option
> > >
> > > <option value="1305" selected="selected">  ApacheCon North America
> > > </option>
> > >

> > > On Tue, Jan 28, 2014 at 5:10 PM, Brian LeRoux <b@brian.io> wrote:
> > > Talking through that experience doesn't hurt as long as it is done
> > > tactfully. The whole Git vs SVN thing was, in hindsight, crazy to even
> > > engage in but at the time a big thing for us to ask Infra take on.
> > >

> > > On Tue, Jan 28, 2014 at 2:33 PM, Steven Gill <stevengill97@gmail.com>
> > > wrote:
> > > Tim had a interesting presentation idea around our challenges with ASF
> > and
> > > Git. Maybe go into what we went through, where we are at now with git
> and
> > > our current pain points (things we'd like to see fixed!). Is that
> > > something people would be interested in? Would infra get upset lol? Any
> > > suggestions on what to include in such a talk? (pull request
> > > notifications, repo creation, etc)
> > >

> > > On Tue, Jan 28, 2014 at 2:01 PM, Joe Bowser <bowserj@gmail.com> wrote:
> > > Just don't let it devolve into a GPL vs Apache discussion, and it
> should
> > > be fine.
> > >

> > > On Tue, Jan 28, 2014 at 1:53 PM, Steven Gill <stevengill97@gmail.com>
> > > wrote:
> > > Yes, submit it like normal on the site. I personally thinking having a
> > > building a mobile app workshop or tutorial or something would be very
> > > popular at apachecon.
> > >

> > > On Tue, Jan 28, 2014 at 1:46 PM, Ross Gerbasi <rgerbasi@gmail.com>
> > wrote:
> > > Heck ya hybrid apps. Sencha Touch is a free framework I think its
> > > pronbably good to help get out an understanding that cordova is the
> > > underlying wrapper and framework for native connectivity you can build
> > > your app in all kinds of web technologies, sencha just offers you a
> > > component structure to mimic native look. Anyways for more come tune in
> > ;)
> > > Should I just submit it like normal on that site?

CLI workflow
> > > talk.

> open
> from