cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew Grieve <agri...@chromium.org>
Subject Re: Engines and plugins
Date Mon, 13 Jan 2014 21:32:20 GMT
FYI to others - the docs for this is found here (seems to have some
incorrectly formatted markdown too :( ) :
http://cordova.apache.org/docs/en/3.3.0/plugin_ref_spec.md.html#Plugin%20Specification

My understanding was that:
<engine name="cordova-android" version=">=1.8.0" />
is the same as:
<engine name="cordova-android" version=">=1.8.0" platform="android" />
not:
<engine name="cordova" version=">=1.8.0" platform="android" />

I think this is definitely open for discussion. As you say - usage of
the tags are very limited right now.

Other concerns with it I have:
- scriptSrc allows plugins to run code on the host machine upon
install... Seems like a security concern.
- I think failures should be warnings not errors

I *think* the answer to your question is that we want to be able to specify:
<engine name="cordova-android" version=">=1.8.0" />
<engine name="cordova-ios" version=">=1.9.0" />

And don't want cordova-ios checked when you don't have the android
platform. And the syntax is more concise than: