cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew Grieve <agri...@chromium.org>
Subject Re: Review Request 16739: Change --searchpath to use repeated flag instead of delimiter
Date Thu, 09 Jan 2014 01:17:37 GMT
Josh - any suggestion for a better name? Mark & I discussed the name when
he was implementing it. I think neither of us love the name, but weren't
able to come up with a better one. I'm not worried about conciseness, as
long as it captures the meaning of it.

The main motivation for having a search path is for plugins that have
dependencies. E.g. even if you've downloaded the plugin source yourself, if
it has a dependency, the dependency will be downloaded from the registry as
a result of you installing your locally fetched plugin. It is possible for
plugins to list their dependencies as relative paths, but then they don't
work when uploaded to the registry.

There's also a want to have our source releases be more of a "just works"
thing (CB-5101). For this, we can have the default search path for source
releases point to the bundled plugins.