cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Koudritsky <kam...@google.com>
Subject versionName & versionCode analogues on other platforms
Date Mon, 27 Jan 2014 19:52:16 GMT
On Android and iOS there are two different values in project config for
setting version numbers.

We are currently using the "version" attribute form config.xml to set
versionName on Android and CFBundleShortVersionString on iOS. The other
version values are not set (that is versionCode on Android and
CFBundleVersion on iOS are not set by cordova).

1. What about other platforms, which of them also have two different places
to set the version?

2. What's is typically used for CFBundleVersion on iOS? So far I've seen it
usually being set to the same value as CFBundleShortVersionString. Should
cordova-cli just do that?

3. I want to add a single value in config.xml file that could be used to
set the "other" versions for both Android and iOS. Does this sound
reasonable?