cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Marcel Kinard <cmarc...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Camera does too many things!!!!
Date Fri, 24 Jan 2014 18:42:12 GMT
What's going on in the standards bodies around image capture? Is there an emerging standard
that we could scope down to, or is nothing emerging and we get to make it up in the meantime?

I do like the simplicity of the camera plugin (roughly) just doing capture, and pushing the
utilities into a separate plugin (perhaps even non-core). I hear that picture capture and
uploading is a common pattern, so we should consider the migration impact to existing users.

On Jan 24, 2014, at 8:47 AM, Mike Billau <mike.billau@gmail.com> wrote:

> How does this coincide with the recent thread about Camera vs Capture?

Yeah, seems like these are part of the same big picture that should be thought through simultaneously.