cordova-dev mailing list archives

From "dev at watch2web.com" <...@watch2web.com>
Subject Re: reverted cordova version -- now build fails on HelloCordova
Date Fri, 24 Jan 2014 03:40:17 GMT
Thanks to all who responded -- Josh, Braden, and Andrew. Just knowing about
node-inspector and to look at the node-cache will surely help me going
forward.

As it turns out, I think there is a bug in the 3.0.3 CLI. The immediate
source of the error is in node_modules/cordova/src/prepare.js -- the
platform list passed in includes options, so when the line
platforms[p].parser(...) is executed on line 68 with p==--debug,...

I'm sure this is fixed in later versions, and I'm not going to risk breaking
something else trying to fix it properly myself, so my work-around is to
only invoke 'cordova build android' without options, and then hand edit
PROJECT_ROOT/platforms/android/cordova/build.bat, appending the build type
option to the command there. It's a little ugly, but not inconvenient.

I sincerely appreciate the help. Yesterday was a bad day -- I was hit by at
least three other "nasty surprise" issues. By evening, I was very tired.

Andrew

----- Original Message -----
From: "Josh Soref" <jsoref@blackberry.com>
To: <dev@cordova.apache.org>
Sent: Thursday, 23 January, 2014 11:44
Subject: Re: reverted cordova version -- now build fails on HelloCordova

Braden wrote:
>At a glance, it sounds like your bug might be caused by having a newer
>cordova-android cached than 3.0.3 is expecting, causing the build and run
>scripts to fail. Try deleting $HOME/.cordova/lib, and recreating the test
>project.

On Windows, that should be %USERPROFILE%\.cordova\lib

In general, installing node-inspector is the right starting point:

 npm install node-inspector
 node node_modules\node-inspector\bin\inspector.js

Then in another window, node --debug-brk cordova-cli\bin\cordova
And then use Chrome to load the url that inspector.js references.

solicitor-client or other applicable privileges), or constitute non-public
information. Any use of this information by anyone other than the intended
recipient is prohibited. If you have received this transmission in error,
please immediately reply to the sender and delete this information from your
system. Use, dissemination, distribution, or reproduction of this
transmission by unintended recipients is not authorized and may be unlawful.