cordova-dev mailing list archives

From "Wargo, John" <john.wa...@sap.com>
Subject RE: [Android] InAppBrowser sucks and needs a re-write
Date Tue, 21 Jan 2014 14:33:29 GMT
Part of the weirdness is that insertCSS and executeScript have callbacks and nothing else does.
Plus options is a string rather than an object like it is in every other API. IAB just doesn't
feel like a Cordova plugin. +1 to refactoring it so it looks, feels and works like the other
Cordova APIs.

We use IAB in our solution, so would like to see it stick around. It adds some very useful
capabilities to our plugins and it is better to have the community support it than to have
to write our own.

John M. Wargo
Twitter: @johnwargo

-----Original Message-----
From: Jesse [mailto:purplecabbage@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, January 21, 2014 8:22 AM
To: dev@cordova.apache.org
Cc: bowserj@apache.org
Subject: Re: [Android] InAppBrowser sucks and needs a re-write

InAppBrowser is important to windows phone too.
Oauth would be difficult/unpossible without it.

I agree some of the recent additions to the api don't make a tonne of sense.
Namely: insertCSS and executeScript are strange additions that seemed
to be added out of nowhere?!
The fact that we chose to override window.open and change the
behaviour completely never made sense to me, but I was planning on
just releasing my own Browser plugin that works the way I think it
should, and the way I want it to. I would much rather see us write
competing cross-platform plugins than try to agree on what the api
should be.

We definitely need this functionality, even on Android, as there is an
extra level of control we get by having our own control.

Sent from my iPhone