cordova-dev mailing list archives

From John Wargo <j...@johnwargo.com>
Subject Technical Review of a Cordova Book
Date Wed, 22 Jan 2014 13:12:29 GMT
I'm working on yet another Cordova book and my publisher needs someone to do a technical review
of the manuscript. The technical review includes reading the manuscript and identifying areas
that are not clear or need work, confirming all of the steps outlined in the book, testing
all of the code (source code provided). My publisher is Addison-Wesley (Pearson Education),
one of the big ones, so unlike the other publishers that give you a free copy of the book
for your work, this one actually pays.

My PhoneGap Essentials (www.phonegapessentials.com) covered PhoneGap from start to finish;
covering all of the tools as well as all of the APIs. Cordova contributor Bryce Curtis from
IBM did the technical review of that manuscript.  Apache Cordova 3 Programming (www.cordovaprogramming)
is a rewrite of the first half Essentials book, dealing primarily with the tools and mechanics
of Cordova development with a little about the APIs and writing plugins added.  This book
is an update of the second half of the Essentials book, dealing only with the Cordova APIs
and supplements Apache Cordova 3 Programming quite well.

Reach out to me separately, no need to involve the list, and I will introduce the first few
respondents to my publisher.

Thanks in advance for your help.