cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Martin Bektchiev <>
Subject Plugman optimizations
Date Fri, 24 Jan 2014 08:20:50 GMT
Hi guys,

I have created a pull request for speeding up the process of adding multiple plugins to a
Cordova project. This will speed up automated builds which create, set up and build a Cordova
project from scratch. It turns out that currently the time needed to execute plugman numerous
times for each of the required plugins is often comparable to the time taken by the build

First of all having to start the Node.JS process numerous times is itself a time consuming
operation, so I enabled specifying multiple plugins at once by allowing repetition of the
--plugin option as many times as is needed. This also opens the door for further caching and
optimizations of slower operations.

Then the second thing we noticed is that for iOS projects the most time consuming function
was parseProjectFile, so I implemented a simple cache which allows for reusing its result
for the same project file over and over again instead of reparsing it each time. This optimization
alone speeded up the addition of 20 plugins more than 3 times.

Can you please review and comment on the proposed changes at:
The issue is logged here:

Thank you in advance!

Best regards,
Martin Bektchiev