cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Josh Soref <jso...@blackberry.com>
Subject Re: template?
Date Fri, 03 Jan 2014 17:08:23 GMT
Well. I'm the one who "Fixed" this.

I'm obviously -1 on removing it without some more useful outcomes.

Just backing things out without fixing underlying flaws is a waste of energy. Should I have
backed out your glue because you broke the command line? Surely that's ridiculous.

It's really upsetting to find dozens of surprise command line behaviors which are not at all
documented.

** If you add an api you should ensure that you haven't changed the shape of the command line
- as you did here.
** if you add an api to the command line, you should update the help
** if you change the arguments accepted by the command line, you should change the help
** you should not complain about people cleaning up after the mess that you make

‎I understand that people don't like that the JSON isn't particularly documented. I don't
like it either, but everyone in the core group seems to enjoy spitting out random JSON to
be added to the Cordova JSON file.

** The JSON file needs to be documented with or without this command line flag.
and may be unlawful.