cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Gorkem Ercan <gorkem.er...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Moving .cordova/config.json -> cordova.json
Date Thu, 02 Jan 2014 20:31:49 GMT

Reducing the number of configuration files is actually the goal here.

The abstraction is not a new one. It already exists and it is part of the $PROJECT/.cordova/config.json.

I am suggesting to move it to $HOME/.cordova/config.json so that we no longer need the
$PROJECT/.cordova/config.json and have only the cordova.xml to carry project specific
properties.
--
Gorkem

On Thu, Jan 02, 2014 at 12:16:57PM -0800, Brian LeRoux wrote:
> Considering http://wiki.apache.org/cordova/ConfigurationFiles I'm not sure
> we want more config either.
>
> Perhaps we need to think more comprehensively rather than proposing more
> abstractions.
>

> On Thu, Jan 2, 2014 at 11:15 AM, Gorkem Ercan <gorkem.ercan@gmail.com>wrote:
>

> > I think what I will describe here is more that what CLI provides today.
> >
> > An engine/lib has a version, id and a uri. On most cases, you only care
> > about the
> > id and uri and assume that the tools that you work with already knows how
> > resolve the id and version to a location. In the case of CLI an engine
> > with id: cordova
> > and version:3.1.0 should be resolved to ~/.cordova/lib/ios/cordova/3.1.0 .
> > If we have a
> > uri defined that actually means we want to overwrite the default location
> > for the engine.
> > I think this redirection should be per engine not per project and should
> > be located as part of
> > CLI's configuration
> > --
> > Gorkem
> >
> > On Thu, Jan 02, 2014 at 01:28:12PM -0500, Andrew Grieve wrote:
> > > Hmm, good point about absolute paths.
> > >
> > > I think if you're using an override there though, that you could set it
> > > a relative path for shared projects. Same thing with plugin search paths.
> > >
> > > I think it'll be confusing to have a "cordova.xml" as well as a
> > > "cordova.json" file right in the root.
> > >
> > > WDYT? Other options?

> > the

> > instead