cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Gorkem Ercan <gorkem.er...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Moving .cordova/config.json -> cordova.json
Date Thu, 02 Jan 2014 19:15:57 GMT

I think what I will describe here is more that what CLI provides today.

An engine/lib has a version, id and a uri. On most cases, you only care about the
id and uri and assume that the tools that you work with already knows how to
resolve the id and version to a location. In the case of CLI an engine with id: cordova
and version:3.1.0 should be resolved to ~/.cordova/lib/ios/cordova/3.1.0 . If we have a
uri defined that actually means we want to overwrite the default location for the engine.

I think this redirection should be per engine not per project and should be located as part
of
CLI's configuration
--
Gorkem