cordova-dev mailing list archives

From "Bas Bosman" <cord...@nazgul.nu>
Subject Re: Introducing myself
Date Tue, 28 Jan 2014 20:05:44 GMT
Thank you all for the warm welcome!

I've browsed through the some of the JIRA issues, added a new one and even
made some pull requests which I mentioned in the corresponding issues. The
Wiki says I should call out someone to review my changes, but I'm not
entirely sure on how to do that? Example: CB-5900

I also noted that there are some issues which are tagged with the wrong
Component, are already fixed by other commits, or are superseded by other
issues. I didn't see any way to change/resolve that myself? I posted
comments on some of them, but not all.

And to answer Jesse's question about my workflow:
I'm a CLI user and develop Cordova based apps for Android and iOS. I do
almost all of my development work on Windows and only switch to the Mac
side to do the stuff that can only be done there. I use Git to manage my
sources on both.

That also brings me to the thing that has given me the most issues with
Cordova so far, the switching between platforms and the problems that it
entails (symlinks and permissions come to mind). I've worked around most
of them by an elaborate Grunt based build system, but smoothing this out
within Cordova itself is something I'd like to look in to. Example:
CB-5438

Regards,
Bas