cordova-dev mailing list archives

From "Parashuram Narasimhan (MS OPEN TECH)" <panar...@microsoft.com>
Subject RE: Embedded WebView support on Windows 8
Date Wed, 18 Dec 2013 06:44:57 GMT
Is there a specific reason you are looking WebView instead of using the way Cordova already
does it. For Windows 8, Cordova basically packages your app as a WWA. This gives you additional
benefits if you look at the app from Visual Studio.

If you are looking at writing  Windows 8 app and only looking to embed webview for a smaller
part - note that Windows 8 apps already support Javascript and HTML. What is this "bigger
app" written in?

-----Original Message-----
From: Jian Ouyang [mailto:jian.ouyang.email@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, December 17, 2013 3:35 PM
To: dev@cordova.apache.org
Subject: Re: Embedded WebView support on Windows 8

I am not a Cordva developer,  but I do use Cordova for cross-platform development.

My suggestion is that you use the CLI to create an application for the Windows 8 platform
and go through the code, if you think you can augment the code for you purpose, use it. Otherwise,
forget about it.

Cordova's Windows 8 support is not based on embedded web view as Visual Studio already comes
with store apps dev in javascript only so why bother for an embeded control.
The support is quite neat if you really get into it.