cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Dick Van den Brink <d_vandenbr...@outlook.com>
Subject RE: plugins.cordova.io: UX redesign
Date Thu, 12 Dec 2013 13:57:12 GMT
Nice Joni!
Really love the plugin robot! :)

Also a +1 for making it responsive.

> Subject: Re: plugins.cordova.io: UX redesign
> From: wjamesjong@gmail.com
> Date: Thu, 12 Dec 2013 08:38:06 -0500
> CC: yohei@adobe.com
> To: dev@cordova.apache.org
>
> UX looks great!! Thanks for the efforts!
>
> 2. For search, perhaps the ability to add/remove filters?
>
> +1 to making it responsive
>
> -James Jong
>
> On Dec 11, 2013, at 10:26 PM, Joni Rustulka <joni@adobe.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I'm Joni. I work at Adobe as a UX designer on the PhoneGap team, and I have recently
thrown some time at redesigning the http://plugins.cordova.io site. I'm looking for feedback
prior to implementation - your thoughts are appreciated.

>> The main screens that have been reworked are as follows:
>>

>> 1. Home (http://cl.ly/image/2n3l1N0Z0g0w)
>> The primary goal for the site is to help users find the plugins they need. As such,
the main focus is on search/findability.

>> 2. Search Results (http://cl.ly/image/0c3X3T1E1L0j)
>> Upon search for a plugin, the user is returned results. The user can filter to include
only desired platforms (http://cl.ly/image/3W2f321I211r), and the results table can be sorted
by number of downloads, or plugin ID.

>> 3. Plugin Details (http://cl.ly/image/2n1p2s3E0a2t)
>> The details screen intends to provide all of the necessary information on a plugin.
>> ** From what I understand, one piece of information that may be missing from this
screen is "Installation Instructions". This being, config.xml feature tags. Is this something
that you guys plan to automate, or should we be telling plugin authors to put this information
in their Read Me? Please advise.