cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Tommy-Carlos Williams <to...@devgeeks.org>
Subject Re: plugins.cordova.io: UX redesign
Date Thu, 12 Dec 2013 12:02:21 GMT
That. Is. So. Exciting!

Also, PLUGIN ROBOT!!!!

On 12 Dec 2013, at 2:26 pm, Joni Rustulka <joni@adobe.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I'm Joni. I work at Adobe as a UX designer on the PhoneGap team, and I have recently
thrown some time at redesigning the http://plugins.cordova.io site. I'm looking for feedback
prior to implementation - your thoughts are appreciated.

> The main screens that have been reworked are as follows:
>

>  1.  Home (http://cl.ly/image/2n3l1N0Z0g0w)
> The primary goal for the site is to help users find the plugins they need. As such, the
main focus is on search/findability.

>  2.  Search Results (http://cl.ly/image/0c3X3T1E1L0j)
> Upon search for a plugin, the user is returned results. The user can filter to include
only desired platforms (http://cl.ly/image/3W2f321I211r), and the results table can be sorted
by number of downloads, or plugin ID.

>  3.  Plugin Details (http://cl.ly/image/2n1p2s3E0a2t)
> The details screen intends to provide all of the necessary information on a plugin.
> ** From what I understand, one piece of information that may be missing from this screen
is "Installation Instructions". This being, config.xml feature tags. Is this something that
you guys plan to automate, or should we be telling plugin authors to put this information
in their Read Me? Please advise.