cordova-dev mailing list archives

From "Toda, Shingo" <Shingo.T...@au.fujitsu.com>
Subject RE: Embedded WebView support on Windows 8
Date Fri, 20 Dec 2013 07:16:58 GMT
Hi Jian, Parashuram

Thanks for your comments.

Since we developed an Android app with Cordova in the way of Embedding
WebView as described in
http://cordova.apache.org/docs/en/2.8.0/guide_cordova-webview_android.md
.html#Embedding%20Cordova%20WebView%20on%20Android, I am wondering if it
is possible to develop Windows8 app in the same way.

I am quite new to Windows Store App so my question might be pointless.
>From your comments, my understanding might wrong but it sounds that
basically there is a way that Windows Store App can be developed only
with JavaScript. I found that Windows 8 core and plugins doesn't have
native source code.

So I am going to look into Windows Store App anyway.

Regards,
Shingo Toda

-----Original Message-----
From: Parashuram Narasimhan (MS OPEN TECH)
[mailto:panarasi@microsoft.com]
Sent: Wednesday, December 18, 2013 5:45 PM
To: dev@cordova.apache.org
Subject: RE: Embedded WebView support on Windows 8

Is there a specific reason you are looking WebView instead of using the
way Cordova already does it. For Windows 8, Cordova basically packages
your app as a WWA. This gives you additional benefits if you look at the
app from Visual Studio.

If you are looking at writing  Windows 8 app and only looking to embed
webview for a smaller part - note that Windows 8 apps already support
Javascript and HTML. What is this "bigger app" written in?