cordova-dev mailing list archives

From "Toda, Shingo" <Shingo.T...@au.fujitsu.com>
Subject Embedded WebView support on Windows 8
Date Mon, 16 Dec 2013 05:23:48 GMT
Hi Cordova devs

I would like to ask you about Embedded WebView support on Windows 8 (not
phone).

I have been using Cordova for Android and now I am thinking about
creating app for Windows8 (but I am new to Windows 8).

I am wondering if it is possible to create an application for Windows 8
with Cordova as a part of (larger) application.

Actually the following page says currently embedding WebView is not
supported on Windows 8.

http://cordova.apache.org/docs/en/3.3.0/guide_support_index.md.html#Plat
form%20Support

So my question is

    1. Could you confirm if this restriction is still current?

    2. Do you have any plans to support this method in the future?

    3. Are there any easy workarounds with Cordova which is currently
available (latest is currently 3.3)?

Any advises will be appreciated.

Regards,

Shingo