cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Brooks <>
Subject Re: Deleting Plugin Docs
Date Thu, 19 Dec 2013 21:00:18 GMT
Nice Andrew.

I think the "Plugins API" page is a good start. We can iterate on it
to improve the experience.

Personally, I would rather not have cut out the quick examples, full
examples, etc. Some of the most positive feedback for our
documentation is that it's thorough and copy & paste ready. This helps
to get people up and running quickly. Just my two cents.

I am very hesitant about removing the File API documentation and
linking to external sources. When files become too large - similar to
functions - we use multiple files. In the past, we've found that the
W3C spec or external documentation (e.g. File API used by certain
browsers) is a moving target. How confident are we that the Cordova
File API will be a 100% match to the HTML 5 Rocks documentation?

On Wed, Dec 18, 2013 at 7:39 PM, Andrew Grieve <> wrote:
> This is now done! Woo! No more having plugins code separate from their docs
> (I hear we might even get tests to live within plugin repos in the next
> while too!).
> I tried to be diligent, but it's possible I made mistakes along the way.
> You can see the result on the edge version of the docs:
> There's a new "Plugins API" page, and all of the plugin docs are moved into
> the respective repos within a doc/ file.
> Some of doc/ files are fairly large, and to help with that I
> attempted to remove some of the repetition that I found: Quick Examples vs.
> Full Examples, Overviews vs Descriptions (in cases where they were saying
> the same thing).
> Also - for the file API, I just wrote to refer to the FileSystem spec for
> the API and copied over only the Cordova platform quirks. This will be a
> bad offline experience, so I'm not 100% convinced that was the right thing
> to do, but wow is that file big if you were to copy over all of the
> documentation!

View raw message