cordova-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Brooks <>
Subject Re: CB-876 docs generator / hastings
Date Tue, 10 Dec 2013 21:56:57 GMT
Hey Josh,

It's great to know that you're interested in helping out on the
documentation update!

Indeed, the old Ruby generator has served us well but it's dated and
becoming a hindrance to our productivity. A straight rewrite in node is not
how I want to approach. Programming languages come and go. Node is popular
with Cordova right now, but Ruby was the go-to language for PhoneGap 4
years ago. In the past four years, we've learned a lot of what's good and
bad about our documentation. Cordova has also been introduced to new
requirements that we previously never considered - multiple languages, way
more content, plugins, guides, and distributions wanting to rebrand the

The lack of communication is entirely my fault. I'll kick up a new ML
thread and start creating issues to lay the ground work. We can then all
loop back and chat.